LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legend for a 3D Surface Plot

How can I create a legend for a 3D surface plot? I'm doing a xy-projection and the view direction is directly towards this plane. The plot style is a surface contour plot. I want to display next to the plot the legend in a separate bar where the different colours with each value are displayed. The value for each contour line shall be displayed in the legend.

Patrick
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(6,446 Views)

Hi Patrick,

Could you take a close look at what I posted in this thread.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=143663&requireLogin=False

The example FP looks like this

I think that can get you started. Post follow-up question as required.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(6,425 Views)
Hi Ben,

thanks for your help, but I was looking for something which is more simple.
I attached an example.

Patrick
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(6,414 Views)
With Ben, we answered a similar question a while ago. Have a look at this thread.

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(6,408 Views)
The color bar in this thread is something different? 😞
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(6,360 Views)
Maybe I should show, how my front panel and the block diagram look like.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(6,355 Views)

hi all

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(6,351 Views)
Since the vi seems to be somehow corrupted, here is an "updated" version. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Message Edité par chilly charly le 12-23-2005 10:43 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Download All
Message 8 of 17
(6,338 Views)

OK,

I remember that thread now. That was the one were you did not want to use interpolate colors and I did. Well I still  like to interpolate colors but that presents another challenge when trying to produce a proper color ramp. Without resorting to using the picture control

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&message.id=14&jump=true

I decided to play with some of the built in objects.

All of the round objects like knobs and guages include a color ramp. This gave me a ramp but is not quite up to what you get with an intensity graph.

Since I could not get a ramp on any of the straight indicators like sliders etc, I hid most of an intensity graph and just use the Z-scale. It turns out that the same data structure can be used in the intesity graph as the guage.

Can anyone think of other ays of producing a proper color scale when intepolation is turned on?

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 12-24-2005 08:03 AM

Message Edited by Ben on 12-24-2005 08:03 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Download All
Message 9 of 17
(6,230 Views)

Thanks for your help.

The color scale looks very good. Can you please save it as a Labview 7.1 file.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(6,303 Views)