From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legend for a 3D Surface Plot

How can I create a legend for a 3D surface plot? I'm doing a xy-projection and the view direction is directly towards this plane. The plot style is a surface contour plot. I want to display next to the plot the legend in a separate bar where the different colours with each value are displayed. The value for each contour line shall be displayed in the legend.

Patrick
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(6,440 Views)

Hi Patrick,

Could you take a close look at what I posted in this thread.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=143663&requireLogin=False

The example FP looks like this

I think that can get you started. Post follow-up question as required.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(6,419 Views)
Hi Ben,

thanks for your help, but I was looking for something which is more simple.
I attached an example.

Patrick
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(6,408 Views)
With Ben, we answered a similar question a while ago. Have a look at this thread.

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(6,402 Views)
The color bar in this thread is something different? 😞
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(6,354 Views)
Maybe I should show, how my front panel and the block diagram look like.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(6,349 Views)

hi all

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(6,345 Views)
Since the vi seems to be somehow corrupted, here is an "updated" version. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Message Edité par chilly charly le 12-23-2005 10:43 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Download All
Message 8 of 17
(6,332 Views)

OK,

I remember that thread now. That was the one were you did not want to use interpolate colors and I did. Well I still  like to interpolate colors but that presents another challenge when trying to produce a proper color ramp. Without resorting to using the picture control

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&message.id=14&jump=true

I decided to play with some of the built in objects.

All of the round objects like knobs and guages include a color ramp. This gave me a ramp but is not quite up to what you get with an intensity graph.

Since I could not get a ramp on any of the straight indicators like sliders etc, I hid most of an intensity graph and just use the Z-scale. It turns out that the same data structure can be used in the intesity graph as the guage.

Can anyone think of other ays of producing a proper color scale when intepolation is turned on?

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 12-24-2005 08:03 AM

Message Edited by Ben on 12-24-2005 08:03 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Download All
Message 9 of 17
(6,224 Views)

Thanks for your help.

The color scale looks very good. Can you please save it as a Labview 7.1 file.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(6,297 Views)