LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy support for Win7

We still have a number of old LabVIEW programs that used the old VI's for Legacy NI-DAQ.  Our customer is planning to move these old systems from XP to Win7.  If I understand correctly, this move will force us away from NI-DAQ (Legacy) to NI-DAQmx, which will in turn force us to use the modern VI's in the programs.  Is this correct?

Is there any other way to use the old program in Win7? 

Did not MAX at one time support both NI-DAQ (legacy) and NI-DAQmx at the same time?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,079 Views)

The issue isn't MAX. The issue is whether the drivers will work under Windows 7. As this compatibility article indicates, Traditional DAQ (NI-DAQ) is not supported under Windows 7. Traditional DAQ is obsolete. Any new code should use DAQmx, and old code that is being ported should be rewritten to use DAQmx. In most cases this isn't that hard. Of course, your bigger problem will probably be hardware. If the device you have is not supported by DAQmx then you have to decide whether you can replace the device, or not move to Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,070 Views)

The first version of DAQmx to support Win7 was 8.9.5.  Check the readme of that and newer versions to see if your hardware is supported.  We had a similar problem when my company moved to Win7, and I can tell you that it's definitely worth the time to change Traditional DAQ over to DAQmx.  So much nicer.

EDIT: wrong DAQmx version

--Using LV8.2, 8.6, 2009, 2012--
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,053 Views)