From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lecroy WavePro 7300 "live" waveform acquisition

Dear all,

I am using Labview 9 Professional and I want to control a LeCroy WavePro 7300 Oscilloscope. I have been able to communicate with the oscilloscope through TCP/IP and using LeCroy's passport in order to do that.
Using lecroy's drivers for the oscilloscope I have been able to acquire waveforms from the oscilloscope relatively easy. What my problem is though, is that I would like to be able to "live" monitor what's measured by the oscilloscope, instead of taking single snapshots as seems to be the case now.

Would anyone now if that is at all possible and, if yes, how?

Thank you in advance!

PS: I attach the simple code I wrote to communicate with the device, if that is of any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,866 Views)

An oscilloscope is not a continuous measurement system. So you will not be able to do this. At high speed the measurement buffer will very quickly fill up. And you will not be able to do live reads, even if the scope data is double buffered. The bandwidth of a TCP/IP link is to small for that.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,848 Views)

Hello,

Coq Rouge is correct.

If you must view your data remotely, the best you can do "real-time" is a series of snapshots.

There is an application on the LeCroy Website called WaveStudio that will present an interactive screen image with settable refresh rates.

http://www.lecroy.com/Support/SoftwareDownload/home.aspx?capid=106&mid=533&smid=

If you are simply trying to acquire the waveforms without losing any data, there is a feature on the scope that will allow you to stream the waveforms to file.  You can specify a path to save to so it could be set to a networked drive and then you can load the file into LabVIEW for analysis.  The feature can be setup in the "Save Waveform" dialogs (tabs at the bottom of the scope).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,828 Views)