From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning to program an fpga and using its ADC function

Hello All

I'm trying to write a labview program that takes reading from an analog discovery 2 fpga and convert it to digital and then binary to be streamed to PC through serial.

This is what I have now, I have a problem with the waveform read function from the Digilent WF add on package where I  try to connect between the read function and analog to digital VI it tells me the source is 1D array waveform DBL and the sink is just waveform DBL, I'm not sure what the difference is. Also how can i design the serial output to stream to pc??

RichardLXL_0-1601177295794.png

Cheers

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(801 Views)

@RichardLXL wrote:

it tells me the source is 1D array waveform DBL and the sink is just waveform DBL, I'm not sure what the difference is.

How many "waveform DBL" are there in "waveform DBL"?  How many in "1D array (of) waveform DBL"?  Now do you see the difference?

My preferred way to "stream data to PC" is to use Network Streams.

Bob Schor

P.S. -- I haven't looked at (and won't look at) your "pictures".  If you want us to see your code, attach your code (as VIs, so we can examine, and even test, it).  You might need to attach multiple VIs, but you can compress the folder containing them and attach the resulting .ZIP file.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(764 Views)