LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laview MQTT VS HTTP

Hi,, is there any example of testing sensor data speed, sent via MQTT and HTTP ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(1,535 Views)

@Martin_Sokolov wrote:

Hi,, is there any example of testing sensor data speed, sent via MQTT and HTTP ?

HTTP is made for humans, MQTT is made for "things".  Which one do you think will be faster?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(1,527 Views)

Yes i know that. It is just for starting point, because i'm new to LV.
Then i wish to test MQTT vs MQTT-SN, or MQTT / SN vs Coap for example

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(1,524 Views)

@Martin_Sokolov wrote:

Yes i know that. It is just for starting point, because i'm new to LV.
Then i wish to test MQTT vs MQTT-SN, or MQTT / SN vs Coap for example

Sorry, I didn't know at what level you needed the information, so I started out very general.

It's "just" a protocol.  (I say "just" because some protocols can be quite complicated.)  It's a pretty tall order for a beginner.  I'm not sure just how much of a beginner you are, so the first thing I would suggest is to look at the training links on the forum page and take the free training.  Then download the protocol pdf and see if you can implement a message.  It doesn't have to be working communications yet.  Just see if you can plug in some stuff in one end and see if the resulting message that you made looks the same as an example message that should be included in the protocol.  Sorry, I can't think of anything else right now.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(1,506 Views)

Where to find this examples?

I was thinking to
test time to transfer certain amount of data via the protocols.

Is it a good idea, and how to accomplish it ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(1,448 Views)

@Martin_Sokolov wrote:

Where to find this examples?

I was thinking to
test time to transfer certain amount of data via the protocols.

Is it a good idea, and how to accomplish it ?

I'll be darned.. .there are LabVIEW toolkits available for this!!!  I probably wouldn't worry about benchmarking, except maybe to the point of doing a very informal testing on transferring a typical file and watching the clock on the wall.  If you can't really tell the difference there, it doesn't really matter.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Message 6 of 18
(1,440 Views)

I was hoping for more tutorial-like help, but ok I'll try that

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(1,421 Views)

@Martin_Sokolov wrote:

I was hoping for more tutorial-like help, but ok I'll try that

Sorry about that, Martin.  The best I can advise is to take advantage of the training links on the forum page, then see if you can make at least one of the libraries listed there work.  😞

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(1,401 Views)

I have problem with JKI account, so i can't install packages like mqtt, via VIPM. So, if i download mqtt directly as package, how to install it? Also, if i download some LV project from github, how to install it in LV ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(1,360 Views)

@Martin_Sokolov wrote:

I have problem with JKI account, so i can't install packages like mqtt, via VIPM. So, if i download mqtt directly as package, how to install it? Also, if i download some LV project from github, how to install it in LV ?

which labview mqtt package do you want to use? 

alexderjuengere_0-1637938587150.png

I'd use a ready (opensource) MQTT Broker like Mosquitto and learn to set up a MQTT Client in LabView e.g. run the Broker in virtual box linux machine and the client in windows via an .vi

Then see if you can setup communication between the Broker and the client.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(1,350 Views)