LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching a VI in a tab

Hi !

I'm pretty new in LV, so, be indulgent !
Here is my problem : I have a VI with 5 tabs, and I'd like to place other SubVis into each tabs (because if I copy their contents into the main VI, it becomes a mess in the block diagram !).
The SubVis must execute in parallel, and with the tabs system, the user can navigate.
Do you have any suggestions to solve my problem ??
Thx a lot
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,636 Views)
(when I'm talking about "launching a subvi into a tab, I mean to have the subvi's front panel included in the tab)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,627 Views)
It seems like VI server would be your solution. In labview help, click on "Find Examples ..." to search some VI server examples on how to use it.

or if you have earlier versions, simply go to your labview install directory: ..\National Instrument\Labview x.x\examples

-Joe
Message 3 of 9
(3,625 Views)
in this case, you need to use subpanels.

-Joe
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,623 Views)
Thank you Joe, I'm trying to find how to use subpanel (I have the french version of LV 7.1, so, it's sometimes pretty difficult to find objects by their english names)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,621 Views)
Use a case statement. Wire your Tab Control into a case statement. Create a case for each Tab and then place your code for each tab in the appropriate case. Attached is a simple example.

Chad
Message 6 of 9
(3,615 Views)
here is the path for one of the subpanel example:

\labview 7.1\examples\general\controls\subpanel.llb\simple.vi

-Joe
Message 7 of 9
(3,609 Views)
Thank you Chad, but there are two problems with this solution for my problem :

--> the SubVis must execute simultaneously (here, if you look the tab 2, the 1 is not running)
--> this exemple is very simple, but the subvi I have to launch in each tabs are a little complex, and if I place my code directly in the case, the block diagram becomes very dirty !!

Thank you for you help
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,609 Views)
With Subpanels, it's working perfectly !
It's also very interesting for me because now, people who are developing VIs to add in the main IHM can work independently of the main VI.
Thank you Joe and Chad

Mathieu
Message 9 of 9
(3,600 Views)