cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latching a Button to a Case Structure

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a Case structure within an Event Structure which actuates when there is a value change for a button. But this button is located originally in another event structure. So when I handle the button during execution, it remains latched even after the case structure is executed. I realised the problem was because I had linked the button from another event structure. Is there any way I can release this latch after the execution of the case structure?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,230 Views)

Hi,

place the button in the event structure/case where it is handled!

Did you place those tags for your messages?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,216 Views)

Hello GerdW,

Yes I tagged you in the message. I don't want another button. I want a single button which can be called to different Case or Event structures. Is that possible?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,207 Views)

Yes,

that's possible.

Why did you tag your message with my nickname?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,203 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Could you tell me how that is possible. The Case structure within another event structure is handled by this button. Every time the Case structure is actuated and ends, the button is still latched on. That wouldn't happen if there was a seperate button in this Case structure but I want a single button that can handle several case structures. Can you tell me how to do it?

I tagged you with your Alias name.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,200 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rvkamat

Hi rvkamat,

I tagged you with your Alias name.

You tagged your own message with my nickname. Why did you do this?

The Case structure within another event structure is handled by this button. Every time the Case structure is actuated and ends, the button is still latched on.

Easy solution: put all case structures in just one event case. You might even combine them into one case structure…

It is not recommended to have more than one event structure in a VI. It is not recommended to have several event structures looking for the very same event…

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 6 of 14
(3,195 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Sorry, I thought you are supposed to tag people who can help you out. Lesson learnt Smiley Happy

Sadly, I have several event structures with Case structures within them and I can't change it since that what my Boss wants. I guess I might have to use a new button. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,189 Views)

Do you mean you have several event structures in one vi.

If it is so tell your boss that this not the right way of doing things.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,182 Views)

why would you need several event cases? what is the reason for that? My guess, you would like to have several cases run simultaneously. But multiple event cases are not the solution.

regards,

yan

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,177 Views)

Its apparently easier to automate scripts when you have an event structure. So for each automated script an event structure can do the job just by choosing on the front panel the respective event structure. Its easier to debug or modify as well if something goes wrong since each automated script is within one event structure. I don't know. I am just writing my Thesis on creating a Stepper Motor VI with built in Signal Acquisition and Injector Control.

BTW I found the solution. Just used the property node for the button and Changes its Value property back to false after it was done.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,173 Views)