From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last 2 scans of packet can be read when I received the following packet.

I'm using a 6533 with Labview and settings like this: pattern, external clock, 16-bit group (port 0-1) and continuous mode.

This card receives high-speed packets.

My problem is the last two scans can't be read until the next packet arrived. Is it normal?

Is it a Labview issue?
Is there any workaround?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,228 Views)
Germain;

One thing you can try is to reduce the rate of your application and see if that solves the problem. I'm saying that because since that board of yours doesn't have a big on board memory, it relies at the DMA data transfer very often, becoming system dependent. Try that out, and if that is the problem you will need either to reduce the rate of the task or work with the 6534 board which has a 32Mbytes on board memory.
Hope this helps.
Filipe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,228 Views)
Filipe,

I'm not losing anything. It looks like 2 scans are stuck in the acquisition chain of the 6533. I'm looking for a way to get those two scan by software. Like a flush but reverse.

So now, I need to do two more clocks on req to get the last two. And those clocks, in my case, happen when I receives the following packet.

I did'nt known at first the 6533 need two dummy clock at the end of my packet to get all data.

It looks like the 6533 need two clocks on req before the data is push in the memory.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,228 Views)