LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large OOP project slow edit time performance

I am currently working on an application framework that eases the development of active objects...  everything is working, but the problem I am currently having is that when i change the private data of one of the derived classes and then run a test, labview would freeze for up to 10 seconds before the block diagram is run. If I do not change the private data of any derived classes, and run for a second time then labview responds instantly. 

Is there a work around to this? or is this 'lock-up' expected? and has anyone else also experienced this? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,563 Views)

@WireJunky wrote:

I am currently working on an application framework that eases the development of active objects...  everything is working, but the problem I am currently having is that when i change the private data of one of the derived classes and then run a test, labview would freeze for up to 10 seconds before the block diagram is run. If I do not change the private data of any derived classes, and run for a second time then labview responds instantly. 

Is there a work around to this? or is this 'lock-up' expected? and has anyone else also experienced this? 

I have read Stephan saying the LVOOP tries to get the best performance possible and amoung other things, once memory is allocated for a wire it stays allocated. Since the space required for storing the private data for an instance of that private data will probably change when the contents of the private data is redefined, it make since (to me) that a change to the private data definition would require memory management. Since it runs quick on the second attempt, I suspect the data buffers from run one are re-used in the second run.

If i mis-read your meaning of "change the private data" ignore the above.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,560 Views)

Thanks Ben, I had this idea that it could be a memory allocation issue.. kind of throws a wrench into my efforts for creating a framework that makes it easier on developers for creating and testing their code. If every edit of the class's data results in a wait period of 10 seconds (which would become more I expect as an application develops around this framework) then I need to find another way of structuring my framework.. if that will help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,554 Views)

Please use the Job Opening and post a new thread, hanyang. Spamming random and sometimes old/dead threads will not help you much!

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,474 Views)

I don't know who you are addressing all of these messages to but please stop spamming the forum with the exact same message. None of the threads are related to softmotion or solidworks and a single, new post would have been much more appropriate.

Also note that publishing your email address to a public forum will only attract spammers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,473 Views)

I am sorry ,next time ,i will note it ,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,448 Views)