LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop + Monitor on home CLD test

Is it ok to use a laptop that is hooked up to a larger monitor on the CLD Test?  I would set the monitors to only display on the large monitor.  (Regarding the single monitor limitation rule)

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,627 Views)

Heee...!!!!

your code should fit in a standard monitor size... if not, your code will not be good anyway.. and you will fail.

Benoit

Message 2 of 12
(2,576 Views)

I'd like to have more then 1 code diagram on my screen at a time though.  Not to mention the PDF instructions which cannot be printed

Studying for CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,559 Views)

You can use an extra monitor, but as bseguin mentioned, make sure your block diagrams will be fully visible on a 1024x768 screen.

You can read more about the CLD setup requirements here:

http://download.ni.com/evaluation/certification/cld/cld_exam_prep_guide_english.pdf

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,554 Views)

1 more thing, I always have to take a couple bathroom breaks during the CLD practice with all the intensity of it.  What if I absolutly cannot continue with out going to the bathroom?

Studying for CLA.
Message 5 of 12
(2,531 Views)

I took a couple of bathroom breaks when I took the CLD. You should definitely be able to do same.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(2,509 Views)

I think you can take as many breaks as you want, but they count towards your test time.  I think there are usually designated bathrooms you can use that are segregated from the outside so you can't cheat and bring in extra materials.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,499 Views)

@herringbone wrote:

You can use an extra monitor, but as bseguin mentioned, make sure your block diagrams will be fully visible on a 1024x768 screen.

You can read more about the CLD setup requirements here:

http://download.ni.com/evaluation/certification/cld/cld_exam_prep_guide_english.pdf

Really?  When I took my test, you had to go with the hardware what was at your station.  i.e., a monitor, a mouse, and a keyboard.  i would've welcomed a second monitor.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,496 Views)

@billko I think CDuck is referencing the online CLD exam that you can take at home. More information can be found here:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53691/en/

Actually after reviewing that site, it seems like you are only able to use 1 monitor, however it can be as large as you'd like.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,489 Views)

@herringbone wrote:

@billko I think CDuck is referencing the online CLD exam that you can take at home. More information can be found here:

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53691/en/

Actually after reviewing that site, it seems like you are only able to use 1 monitor, however it can be as large as you'd like.

Wow, online exams!  How 21st century!  Back in the old days, you had to schedule an exam at an authorized test site, and you had to walk there and back through the snow and rain in your bare feet, uphill both ways.

That being said, if you have to talk about screen size, you're doing it wrong.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,478 Views)