From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview with FTDI D2XX drivers?

This archive of course contains the 64-bit DLL too. You simply need to use the DLLs in the i386 subdirectory instead of the amd64 subdirectory. And yes you also need to use 32-bit LabVIEW installation as the 64-bit version can't use a 32-bit DLL.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 81 of 84
(1,075 Views)

How to include D2XX functions(FT_OPEN_EX) in labview.and what are the versions that support for an I2C communication using FTDI CHIP (FT201XB)

0 Kudos
Message 82 of 84
(1,008 Views)

Could you please help me in interfacing FTDI FT245RL with labview. 

0 Kudos
Message 83 of 84
(100 Views)

How do you want to interface it? If you need it as a normal serial port, simply install the latest FTDI VCP driver (usually already present in any OS installation that is not from the stone age) and it should be accessible through NI-VISA as serial port.

If you try to do anything else, things might get a bit painful. 😀

If you want to program it through the shared library interface you need to install the FTDI D2XX driver which supports this device too. Then start using any of the LabVIEW interfaces that are out there. The one from FTDI itself is pretty old (LabVIEW 7.0) and is not properly adapted to work for 64-bit but should be a starting point.

I guess you have a lot of reading ahead. This would be a good starting point. Read the entire thread, and also follow the threads on LAVA mentioned in there. Yes it is a lot of information but with a simple "Please help" we have very little to start giving more specific information.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 84 of 84
(92 Views)