LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview terminology

Hello,

I am currently working on my diploma thesis and I have problem with terminology. I am using StateMachine. My StateMachine is partitioned to 6 parts (see atteched). What is the right term of these parts? Is that State Load, State algorithm Load. State diagram  Load or????  2020-04-09_10h43_16.png

Thanks a lot for reply. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,001 Views)

I'd simply go with 'state', as it's more general than 'state algorithm' (not all states includes an algorithm) or 'state diagram' (which is language specific), so in this case 'State load' (with or without separators as dash or colon) or 'Load state'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite-state_machine

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,986 Views)

Hi lavicka,

a state machine consists of states and conditions to change from one state to another.

When writing your diploma thesis you should know how to gather such information

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,983 Views)

If i would guess, it's a (common?) misconception about LV being very different from other languages and thus should(?) use unique nomenclature. Well, it looks quite different from a text based programmers perspective, but it's the same loops, if's and data types, so there's no need to use different names. 

There are quite a few strange programming languages out there that uses the same terms, as Lolcode, Glass and Brain**bleep**. I'd even include Lisp (since it can look quite strange and be very hard to interprate), and even Javascript!

JS, Really? Yes, look at this!

"// This prints 10:
alert(++[[]][+[]]+[+[]]);

// And this "fail":
alert((![]+[])[+[]]+(![]+[])[+!+[]]+([![]]+[][[]])[+!+[]+[+[]]]+(![]+[])[!+[]+!+[]]);
"

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,979 Views)