LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview serial communication with RS 232

hi,

i am currently working with RS232.My device is working properly but i couldn't able to use because it is showing the following error in my NI MAX and here by i have attached the error page also

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,907 Views)

Make sure you have installed necessary software for the device to get detected in the system.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,892 Views)

Install NI-VISA driver if it is not done yet. Could you show what you see under the "Software" entry in MAX (open it)? If VISA is missing, you should install it.

Edit: Your RS232 port a native one in your PC, or you use a RS232-USB adapter? If so, you need to install its device driver also. Be aware that some USB-RS232 do not play nice due to low quality chipset, but usually an FTDI one is a good choice...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,883 Views)

ok i will check it out

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,877 Views)

yes, i am using RS-232 to USB converter but this driver software is working fine, i don,t have an issue. i am facing problem NI VISA software only

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,875 Views)

Try a repear-install of the NI VISA...

This poster might had similar problem as you: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/USB-232-2-shows-COM-ports-but-no-VISA-resour...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,872 Views)

Thank you after reinstalling the driver its working fine

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,799 Views)
Then mark the advice as solution 😉
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,788 Views)