LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview runtime 2015 not showing in control panel

I have installed labview runtime 2015 on windows server, but it is not coming up in installed software in control panel under National Instruments. I have folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2015

When I try to reinstall labview runtime 2015 dialog box says no software will be installed as it is already installed. But I don't see it under control panel. I can not even uninstall it because it's not getting listed under installed softwares

I have labview dll which requires 2015 runtime.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,376 Views)

Do you have NI Max (Measurement & Automation Explorer) installed. It should have been installed if you installed NI DAQmx or other NI Data Acquisition software. If so run it and look under "Software" to see if it sees the LVRT. Also, sometimes the LabVIEW Runtime Engine shows up under the control panel "Programs and Features" outside of the National Instruments section, on its own.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,348 Views)

Control Panel ---> Programs and Features ---> National Instrument Software

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,337 Views)

That is what he is showing on his attached jpg image, his issue is that LVRT 2015 isn't showing up in the National Instruments section. I have recently seen where it does show up in the general list under the Programs and Features, rather than with all of the other NI installed programs.

bhavinsave - is your primary issue that something requiring LVRT 2015 isn't working?

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,324 Views)

Yes. I have labview dll that requires LVRT 2015 but it's not working.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,310 Views)

Not to be funny, but does this dll work on any other machine? I ask because I spent much of last week trying to get a program to run on a "target machine", thinking there was an issue with my program, found that I had incorrect versions of other NI software installed, but the reverse can be true too. What is wrapper for the dll? Can you give more information on your use case? Do you have NI MAX installed? Can you see LVRT 2015 in MAX? Did you look in Control Panel: Programs and ... outside of the National Instruments section, in the main list? Is the "dll" compatible with the LVRT version you are trying to use? I also helped an associate with a problem they were having where they had built their exe with a different version of LabVIEW (in their case 2017 64bit, trying to run it with LVRT 2017 32bit).

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,307 Views)

Yes, it is working on other machine. I installed NI Max and I can see LVRT 2015 listed under software but not anywhere in control panel. The only difference between the two machines is on one machine I have "LabVIEW Runtime 2015 f3" (where it is running fine) and on other machine where I want to make it work, has "LabVIEW Runtime 2015 SP1 f7" ( checked it in NI MAX).I am not labview expert, do you think this can be problem ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,300 Views)

Does your dll call any DAQmx or other "features" in LabVIEW? I'm pretty sure that 2015 sp1 should work backwards compatible with 2015. Can you make a simple vi, say a loop with a stop button, and build it into an exe, on you dev machine, then try it on the target? I don't build dll's in LabVIEW, so there is thin spot in my knowledge/experience.

Not comfortable with LabVIEW not showing up anywhere in Control Panel though. Not sure how your dll gets "associated" as a LabVIEW "program". What is the wrapper for the dll? How is it used?

I will be leaving shortly, will try to check back later this evening, there are others around the world that will be stopping in on the forums, it is morning in Asia as the sun sets here in the eastern US.

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,296 Views)

For troubleshooting we tried a simple labview exe built in 2015, and it worked on the targeted machine. So not sure what can be the problem. Why it's not showing in installed software and why other dll is not processing data.

What I want to make it work is, I have .dsx file and Labview dll converts this .dsx file to .csv file, so I am passing .dsx file and labview returns csv file

But since we are moving application environment to new server. it's not processing it, dll just returns blank CSV file.  

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,290 Views)

Do you have any error checking out of your dll, and is it passed out of the wrapper code? With the simple exe working it sounds like you have LVRT working, but that doesn't mean that needed resources are available for the dll.  I my, somewhat different, case, not having the correct version of DAQmx meant a lot of missing DAQ sub-vi's, but this was indicated by a broken "Main" vi, which then listed what it was missing. If you have error handling in the dll and bring it out to the wrapper program, possibly handling that will tell us more. Do you know how the dll handles a bad path to the input file? Does it report that?

Putnam

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,275 Views)