LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview processes randomly uses a lot of CPU (Ikads, Iktsrv & nidmsrv)

Hi.

I have Labview on my windows 10 pc, and sometimes totally random these 3 processes (Ikads, Iktsrv & nidmsrv) uses 20% cpu power each and i'm not even using labview. 

Why are they doing this ? how can i solve this problem permanently.

Best regards.

Henrik Andersen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,120 Views)

Henrik,

i think that this link helps you in understanding what these processes do.

If you do not use the appropriate services, you can disable the service. But please do also think about future usage of the system as a manually disabled service has to be enabled manually again in case needed.

The services run in background, so they are not depending on running LabVIEW. However, your system configuration has great impact on the performance of these services. If, for instance, your firewall blocks lots of the communication and the anti-virus scanner slows down the remaining communication channels, the services tend to hoog the system.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,104 Views)

Hi Norbert.

Thanks for your answer

I know what the processes do and i use them frequently when i'm using labview. 

I will try to disabled the firewall the next time the problem appears to see if it helps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,098 Views)

@Genex wrote:
[...]

I will try to disabled the firewall the next time the problem appears to see if it helps.

Maybe you should prefer to check network interaction with a sniffer like Wireshark before disabling the computer protection....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,093 Views)