cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview oop build warining !

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I write a labview program with OOP(Object Oriented Programming) method, and program is fine. But when i build it to exe, the labview builder show warning message:"LabVIEW prevented a file name collision during the build. Duplicate file names cannot be copied to the same destination. You can rename files as part of the build process to avoid name conflicts."

I know it is certant that file name duplicate  when use "Class", and how can i do not show the warning message when build.

Labview 7.0, 8.0, 8.6,8.6.1,2011
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,585 Views)

Which version of LabVIEW are you using?

TailOfGon
Certified LabVIEW Architect 2013
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,554 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kkjmt

Pre-LabVIEW 2009 an EXE was a flat directory.  All VIs controls and dependencies were in an EXE and there were no folders within that EXE.  Because of this you can't have 2 files in your project with the same name (because they can't go into the same directory without overwriting one).  Starting in 2009 to fix this NI allowed EXEs to have directories so VIs can have the same name on disk, but in memory they can have a different name, by appending the class, or library name to it.  So you can have PowerSupply.lvclass:Init.vi and CAN.lvclass:Init.vi both on disk just as Init.vi

In newer versions of LabVIEW you can use the old file structure by setting the 8.x Layout to true in the build specification of the EXE (under Advanced), but you really don't want to do this because of the colision issue you are seeing. 

EDIT: and it looks like your code was saved in 8.6 before that feature existed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,541 Views)

I rebuild it on labview 2011without  8.x layout, it have not warning message, the problem has been solve,thanks!

Labview 7.0, 8.0, 8.6,8.6.1,2011
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,524 Views)