LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview myRIO shared variable error: -2147467259

Hi,

when I run the program with a shared variable in myRIO, I get the following error 

error: -2147467259, LabVIEW: (Hex 0x80004005) Unspecified error.
=========================
NI System Configuration: Miscellaneous operation failure.).
Deployment completed with errors

please see the attached image

I found the following forum post, where they have problem with a specific datatype called variant

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Error-writing-variant-data-to-network-published-shared-variable/td-...

in my case, the same error occurs no matter what datatype I use.

And also their error message points that the error occurs due to the shared variable they use. In my case, it just says, 
"Deployment completed with errors"

Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,492 Views)

Hi kumarasova,

This error may occur if you try to deploy shared variables to a target that has insufficient onboard memory to host the shared variable library. The recommended workaround is to uninstall any unneeded software components on the target. Once there is enough available memory to host the shared variable library, the deployment should proceed without this error.

Melanie P.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,465 Views)

Hi Melanie ,

I looked at my directory to make sure there are no files I stored in onboard memory. (please see attached image 1)

And also I could not distinguish which software I need and which I do not need. I have not installed any other software that did not come as default (please see attache image 2).

any help will be appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,461 Views)

Hi Kumarasova,

Have you ever been able to deploy a VI or shared variables to the myRIO? What are you seeing on the status LED?

Thanks,

David Fawcett
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,450 Views)

David,

Status LED was off when the error occurred. Anyway I fixed my problem the classic Labview way.

Wiped everything labview related from my computer, and reinstalled it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,404 Views)