From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview myRIO 2013 stopped working after product activation, system vi files not found, (Hex 0x8004041F)

Hello,

My Labview myRIO 2013 had been working while it was in its evaluation period. Recently, I activated Labview 2013 with a 6-month activation code. Now, if I try and create the standard myRIO tutorial starting project, when it tries to load "Main.vi", it stops and says:

Loading: 

<vilib>:\myRio\Common\Instrument Driver Framework\myRio v1.0\myRIO v1.0 Reset FPGA.vi

Searching:

C:\Prog... \LabVIEW 2013\Targets\instr.lib

and it pops up a file browser dialog box.

I found the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\... , so I manually added that path to Labview's VI search paths, closed everything, and re-opened Main.vi .

After doing so, I can get Main.vi to load and display properly after taking it's dear sweet time to recursively search vi.lib\* for each vi file, but if I try to run it, I get a crytic and un-googlable error message:

NI System Configuration: (Hex 0x8004041F) The operation failed because of missing dependency items.

It gives no further information on what dependency items are missing.

Why did Labview work before? It had no problem finding dependency vi files before I activated the product. The "Getting Started" demo apps still work fine, reading accelerometer data and controlling the led's on the myRIO, so I know the myRIO itself is working, along with the USB connection. 

One final note, the "Labview 2013 Real-Time Module" has not been activated. Could that be the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,696 Views)

The lack of RT activation could be it. I would deal with that first.

When you get Main.vi open, and try to run it do you get the message immediately?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 4
(2,649 Views)

Hi Mike,

That Hex error message only occured if I tried to run the VI by clicking on the little "run" button at the top left. Main.vi would open just fine, after locating all of the vi files.

So I seemed to have fixed my particular issue (for now)... I had noticed after I typed in my activation code that Labview was telling me that I had additional evaluation time available to me. I had been ignoring those messages because, 1. I had an activation code and therefore didn't need additional evaluation time, and 2. Labview was opening and appeared to be running just fine, whereas before I applied the activation code, Labview would not even start. So, towards the end of my adventure after I felt I had applied my forehead to my keyboard a sufficient amount, I finally said "Ok whatever, give me additional evaluation time", and voila, all of my previous issues disappeared. Vi files were being found normally as before, and I was no longer getting that Hex error when I hit the run button. 

I'm not sure exactly what components I'm getting "additional evaluation time" for, but whatever component it is, it seems to have fixed my problems.

So anyway, thanks for the support! Hopefully this fixes my problem for good 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,645 Views)

I have same problem.

i have one evaluation version whit activation code

when open any myRio proyect, wen try to open any vi get the same error, the path try to open lybrarys is not correct and is possible to find manually but many vi is need to load manually, wen y try to run get the error.

wen i Start a new proyect wit  'Create proyect myRIO'

get same error.

?is neccesary to set the correct path to librarys? 

i no can create any proyect to test the hardware myRIO.

Any sugest.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,517 Views)