LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview looking for subVIs in wrong directory

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been having problems with Labview for a while. Whenever I try to use some of National instrument's own subVIs I always get a message similar to that shown in the attached picture. I know the subVIs are there because I can navigate to their location in my installation directory and load them using the browse function. But there are hundreds of them, maybe more. I can't do that for all of them and really, labview should do this automatically. I do not understand why this is happening as I only started with Labview recently and would appreciate any ideas on how I might resolve this issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,271 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shankov

I sounds like you've managed to move a folder, causing the previous paths to be corrupted. Even so, once you've pointed out a folder it should find most others automatically and you can save all VI's with the updated path.

You can also make sure LV's Path setting under Options -> Paths -> VI Search Path, is similar to the attached picture.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 2 of 3
(2,265 Views)

Hi,

that problem (most often) boils down to: you must have linked to those functions in a wrong way or you must have moved some of the calling functions to a different place! Both possibilities are bad…

Do you use projects? If you do you should look into the unresolved conflicts section…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 3
(2,262 Views)