From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview libtiff implementation

Hi!

I wrote a simple collection of VIs to write/read multipage TIFF files (8-bits only) using libtiff. Feel free to use and modify it and give me your feedback!

N

Message 1 of 115
(15,769 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. Good start point for libtiff. But I think error handling like this will be a bit more useful:

new.png

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 115
(15,717 Views)

hi, Nico_MPI

thanks your example.

could you please give me a suggestion about --how to change from U8 to U16 ?

did I need to modify the origin code or just modify labview parameter?

thanks your help

Patch Chen

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 115
(15,046 Views)

I downloaded the libtiff library and implemented your code. Everything gets smooth. However, what confuses me is that I cannot really read or open a tif image because your code only gives out the handle in integer type, but what shall I do with that? I enclosed a tif image of multiple frames. Could you show me how to open and read it?

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 115
(15,009 Views)

The file that I enclosed turns out to be 32bit tif, do you know how to deal with it?

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 115
(14,998 Views)

hi, guys

I modify the libtiff_U8.llb from Nico_MPI. so please download my attatched file and use them.

the attatached file read stack tiff test.vi is can used in U16 that was my main requirement. beside I note some words to explain how to modify parameters that for used in U8/U16/U32. but in U32 I am NOT ensure can used, so I JUST give a way to think. wish if you find the correct way please put them in here.

I provider labview version 2010/8.5 and libtiff.dll

thanks

Patch Chen

labview 2010

Message 6 of 115
(14,995 Views)

Smiley HappyYou are the man, how can I give a hundred Tudos points? 

Arnold
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 115
(14,985 Views)
hi, Arnold sorry, I don't know what is the Tudos? thanks Patch
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 115
(14,965 Views)

Hi!

after seeing that there is still some interest in libtiff in the Labview community, I created another collection of VIs that allows for reading and writing single/multipaged TIF files. The VIs support U8, U16, and U32 (handled as SGL) data depths, but no RGB. I implemented two ways of writing a TIF pages:
1. Using the function WriteScanLine, writing a single line to the TIF file
2. Using WriteEncodedStrip, writing a chunk of ~ 8 kB to the file

Two examples are included to show hot to use the VIs.

Apart from this, I improved the general VI structure and wrote some code more adherent to the libtiff specs.

Enjoy and let me know what do you think!

Nico

Message 9 of 115
(14,936 Views)

Hi, Nico,
Its will be nice if you will attach also SubVIs, not only lvlib. Thank you!
Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 115
(14,916 Views)