From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview interfacing with a multiplexer

Hello,

I would just like some help with figuring out how to set-up Labview to interface with a multiplexer. On my  ciruit board, I have an eight channel multiplexer which is connected to eight different-value resistors. What I would like is that on my front panel, there should be an drop-down control that allows the user to select any resistor that is connected to the multiplexer. So basically, Labview should be able to send binary information to the multiplexer, which would then select the appropriate resistor. I am fairly new with Labview and don't know how to go about this problem. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,211 Views)
What kind of physical interface does the mux have? If it's some TTL compatible inputs, then I would suggest a low cost DAQ device with some digital I/O like NI's USB-6008
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,203 Views)

Hi,

All the adress and enable inputs are TTL compatible  (the multiplexer that I'm using is the ADG608 from Analog Devices) and I am currently using the NI PCI-6036E/BNC-2110 starter kit. So, is there a way to implement the interface using this DAQ device? Can I use DAQmx to create a channel just as I would for a normal voltage signal? But I'm not sure how the interface will communicate with the multiplexer.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,180 Views)
Like I said, use the digital I/O from the DAQ board. You would need to configure DAQmx for as many digital outputs as you have digital inputs on your mux. You can do this with the DAQ Assistant or the lower level DAQmx functions. Some basic examples that ship with LabVIEW are Write Dig Chan and Write Dig Port. Open the example finder and look under hardware Input and Output>DAQmx>Digital Generation.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,172 Views)