LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview instrument driver Agilent 894XX: Problem X/Y-axis data range

Hi,

It's me again and I'm having trouble with data acquiring process with Labview instrument driver.

My data range setup work well with Frequency setup block but somehow when I pull out the data to plot with XY-graph, the data acquiring is not in correct range. There are 2 VI blocks that use to call out the XY values where I find it incorrect: X Axis data & Y Axis data
The recall.vi is the VIs I built with Labview driver that included it. 
Is this some sort of bug? 
Please help.
My thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,092 Views)

Hi VD89410,

I do not have access to this particular third-party instrument driver, but, based on looking at your code, what you probably want to do is set the scale of the XY Graph separately. You can do this statically using the XY Graph's Properties menu, or dynamically using property nodes.

Here's a link to all of the ways you can customize graphs and charts in LabVIEW!

Cheers,

Duncan W.

Message 2 of 4
(3,010 Views)

@VD89410 wrote:

Hi,

It's me again and I'm having trouble with data acquiring process with Labview instrument driver.

My data range setup work well with Frequency setup block but somehow when I pull out the data to plot with XY-graph, the data acquiring is not in correct range. There are 2 VI blocks that use to call out the XY values where I find it incorrect: X Axis data & Y Axis data
The recall.vi is the VIs I built with Labview driver that included it. 
Is this some sort of bug? 
Please help.
My thanks!

You commanded the Agilent to send data in binary block format (:FORM REAL,32). I don't know where you got the driver, but it is reading the binary block transfer all wrong.

wrong way.JPG

First, you don't hard code the number of bytes to read (i.e. 4110 x 4). That data is imbedded in the first few bytes. Secondly, you need to disable "Enable Termination Character". The raw data may/can contain a <lf>. You don't want to terminate the read prematurely. This would explain your missing data. Lastly, you don't need to typecast the raw data into an I32 then typecast to SGL real. You can go directly to SGL.

The format for the block data (per Keysight) is:

bbxfer.JPG

Here is how I would do a block transfer.

my block Transfer.png

Message 3 of 4
(2,999 Views)

Hello, thank you very much for your replies

I agree with you, Duncan W. that the XY graph customize play important role in displaying value, but the problem is not only my data range, but also the data set value are both not correct. (As I compare the value read directly from the instrument). So those X/Y data blocks it’s completely wrong in that way.    

Jamiva: The driver I got it from Labview instrument finder, and it seem that is the only one there,
for these 894XX series of Agilent tech.

driver.png

Yesterday I just discovered that, as I switch the Time Data mode from "zoom" back to “baseband” ,the X/Y data set and range acquired are correct again!. Unfortunately, this is not the mode that I need for my instrument. So I think, the problem still remains is somehow modifying the X/Y data axis blocks VI for it to be able to call out the right X/Y complex values.

These terms zoom and baseband are defined by the instrument itself below:

20170616_153536 (1).jpgIf you have, could you please share me some Labview driver or any VIs like your block transfer for better control Agilent instrument, that would save me a lot at this moment. As I begin to Labview couple week ago, so I’m just newbie genuinely, I don't quite understand everything you've shown me, probably a more elaborated help will be much appreciated. 

Many thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,976 Views)