LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview freezes no matter what I do

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I get a DWarn about ProjectItem.cpp whenever I start up labview. This started happening last night after working with labview for the past few months with no problems. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but same problem. I've sent usage reports to NI after i force close through ctrl+alt+del. 

After opening a file, there are about 3 seconds of action available to me and if I open a save prompt the software wont freeze, yet when i close the save prompt and let the software sit for a second, the whole program freezes. This has put a complete standstill on my work, and its super frustrating. 

I tried to search for projectitem.cpp within my computer files to maybe get a closer look or try to delete it, but no results. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is debug code from this morning: 

<DEBUG_OUTPUT>
11/10/2016 9:22:18.888 AM
DWarn 0xE3683EB2: Clearing connections while a cfile has an active iterator: [LinkIdentity "NI_Fuzzy_Config.lvlib:Fuzzy System Designer.vi" [ NULL Context]
e:\builds\penguin\labview\branches\2015patch\dev\source\project\ProjectItem.cpp(1336) : DWarn 0xE3683EB2: Clearing connections while a cfile has an active iterator: [LinkIdentity "NI_Fuzzy_Config.lvlib:Fuzzy System Designer.vi" [ NULL Context]
minidump id: 33738faa-69fe-4a85-85a2-2c09da1e6100
$Id: //labview/branches/2015patch/dev/source/project/ProjectItem.cpp#1 $

</DEBUG_OUTPUT>
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,999 Views)

Hello, I get a DWarn about ProjectItem.cpp whenever I start up labview. This started happening last night after working with labview for the past few months with no problems. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, but same problem. I've sent usage reports to NI after i force close through ctrl+alt+del. 

After opening a file, there are about 3 seconds of action available to me and if I open a save prompt the software wont freeze, yet when i close the save prompt and let the software sit for a second, the whole program freezes. This has put a complete standstill on my work, and its super frustrating. 

I tried to search for projectitem.cpp within my computer files to maybe get a closer look or try to delete it, but no results. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the debug output from this morning : 

<DEBUG_OUTPUT>
11/10/2016 9:22:18.888 AM
DWarn 0xE3683EB2: Clearing connections while a cfile has an active iterator: [LinkIdentity "NI_Fuzzy_Config.lvlib:Fuzzy System Designer.vi" [ NULL Context]
e:\builds\penguin\labview\branches\2015patch\dev\source\project\ProjectItem.cpp(1336) : DWarn 0xE3683EB2: Clearing connections while a cfile has an active iterator: [LinkIdentity "NI_Fuzzy_Config.lvlib:Fuzzy System Designer.vi" [ NULL Context]
minidump id: 33738faa-69fe-4a85-85a2-2c09da1e6100
$Id: //labview/branches/2015patch/dev/source/project/ProjectItem.cpp#1 $

</DEBUG_OUTPUT>
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,775 Views)

Go to Support.ni.com and fill out a Support Ticket.  I'm surprised that the re-install didn't work -- did you do a complete uninstall of everything listed in Control Panel under National Instruments Software?  Note that if you have multiple versions of LabVIEW, you will be removing everything and will need to reinstall the versions you want, oldest first.  I recommend not installing Device Drivers until everything else is done.  You should also definitely reboot before installing a new Version or Device Drivers.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,974 Views)

I'll make a support ticket. I did a complete uninstall of all national instruments software through control panel. Then reinstalled using a freshly downloaded 2015 64 bit version. I also did not install any device driver softare.

I have been using an arduino, so i will try to reinstall the LIFA package used and update. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,971 Views)

Any particular reason you are using 64bit LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,961 Views)

I have a 64-bit pc running Windows 10 pro. figured I'd stick with the bit version in running. 

Do you think switching to 32 bit would change the outcome ? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,955 Views)

Probably.

(See also)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,951 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tsilence

@tsilence wrote:

I have a 64-bit pc running Windows 10 pro. figured I'd stick with the bit version in running. 

Do you think switching to 32 bit would change the outcome ? 

You should stick with LV 32-bit regardless of whether you are using 32 or 64-bit Windows unless you absolutely need the extra memory.  This is because most of the LV toolkits are only 32-bit.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,947 Views)

@tsilence wrote:

I have been using an arduino, so i will try to reinstall the LIFA package used and update. 

You should also be using LINX. LIFA is pretty obsolete.

(And yes, thes toolkits require 32bit LabVIEW anyway, I think)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,941 Views)

I wouldn't mind using LINX, but the professor of my labview class is having us use LIFA. not sure how the functionality will vary from the two, but i can ask him  about it.

Fortunately, 32-bit worked! Will mark as a solution. Thanks everyone!!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,926 Views)