LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview failing to autosave, recovery menu not present after crash

Labview has crashed a few time on me while writing new code.  After the bug report menu closes and labview is re-launched, I do not get a recovery menu.  Labview just starts as normal.  I have verified that autosave is on.  The LVautosave directory has only a text document with the name of the VI I was working on, but not the VI itself.  

Is there a way to force the recovery menu?  Is there any way to recover the vi itself?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,660 Views)
Which version? With 2015 and earlier (2016 don't know about) there is a time limit, like it only autosaves every 15 minutes or something.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,625 Views)

This is labview 2012.  Autosave was enabled and configured to save every 3 minutes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,601 Views)

I have a similar issue, limited to recovery .   my LV 2012 system crashed upon 1st launch after an extended power outage (drained my UPS) - during the recovery process.  Now on subsequent launches of Labview I no longer see the option to recover my files.  Is there a way to "force" recovery ?  Is there a directory where I can manually integrate those files?   My debugged and working vi's are now reverting back to an earlier broken version.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,658 Views)