LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview .exe as portable

I was curious about this, and definley learned something new! Cameyo. Thank you NickerBocker. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(2,828 Views)

@Markus2012 wrote:

Hi Nickerbocker,

thanks for your help here...

unfortunately I need to use this for a LV program which visualizes data coming from a USB device (a small circuit with a µC and an USB-serial converter for digital sensor devices for an easy"plug &play " setup for our customers and sales people)

However beside the runtimes I need a seperate USB driver to get this running on standard Windows systems. Some customers, my bosses and some sales guys find it a bit annoying to do a complete installation of LV runtime,VISA runtime and USB driver before the measurement can start (even it`s fully automated with a complete installer from the application builder Smiley Frustrated ).

So, you think this may not work for programs accessing external hardware like USB devices etc.?

best regards

Markus

Cameyo might simplify it down to just needing to install a USB device driver.  But, idk...might want to just try it and find out.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(2,802 Views)

@g e m i n i wrote:

I was curious about this, and definley learned something new! Cameyo. Thank you NickerBocker. 

Hey, no problem!  This was a good thread for me as well and the credit to Cameyo really goes to one of my coworkers who mentioned it to me while discussing this problem.

One program that I've written relys on ActiveX to talk to R-Project via StatconnDCONN connector.  Its a bear of an install where a lot of different things can go wrong.  My boss REALLY wants me to clean this install up so that he can hand it out to his buddies w/o having to support them in installing it.  So Cameyo seems like a good fit.  Haven't been able to get it to work yet though.  The new version of statconn breaks something in my LabVIEW code and I'm still chasing an error there.

Something that really comes in handy if you use Cameyo is a Virtual Machine.  Its nice to be able to have a "clean" Windows so Cameyo properly tracks all of the changes for you.  Managing Virtual disks for a VM I'm finding a lot easier than searching for a computer around the facility that doesn't have NI products installed :P.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(2,797 Views)

This method works, thanks for the post. 

One thing is not working yet is VISA. Serial port is not working even though I have VISA included in the installer. I'm still working on it, I hope someone with good understanding of VISA can provide some help.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(2,570 Views)

Maybe if you were to use a VM instead?

Is there still a Linux version of LabVIEW?  Maybe you can make a Linux runtime and use a system on a stick type configuration?

Message 15 of 16
(2,433 Views)

Because the VISA is not working, I have to call TeraTerm to test the serial port, in the end, it worked fine.

My application is to test computer like machines (Windows 7 embedded), we don't want to disturb the systems, so we couldn't install anything to them. The Cameyo is able to package everything into an exe file, so my test can run from a flash drive. 

Message 16 of 16
(2,425 Views)