LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview.exe - Application Error

While running VI in Labview 7.1, I receive the following error:

Labview.exe - Application error

The instruction at "0x05791a4b" referenced memory at "0x00000034".  The memory could not be "written".

Has anyone seen this error?  Does anyone have an idea of the cause?

For reference, this is a new computer, XP Pro, 4G ram.  I did not get the error on the previous computer running the same code, but the old computer had other issues that required it be replaced.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,975 Views)
Can you tell us if this error is repeatable? If so, could you post a jpg of the error message, please.
Message 2 of 5
(2,972 Views)
This looks like an error popup from windows.  Those hex values are going to be different depending on where the problem is in memory, and that could be different every time.  It might have created a Dr Watson's error report, but that usually isn't enough to determine the cause.

I agree with John's direction -- is it reproducible?  Is it only one VI?

Do you ever get another type of error message from LabVIEW?  If fatal, it will appear when the error occurs.  If a warning, it will appear at LabVIEW's next start-up.  Please refer to:

KB 2PBCSFDW: Where Are LabVIEW Error Log Files Saved?

Trey B
Applications Engineering
National Instruments

Message Edited by Trey B on 10-24-2007 09:55 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,949 Views)
The screen shot is attached-hopefully.  It is repeatable.  We are actually running 9 VIs at once and when the error pops up, 3 of the 9 are locked up.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,922 Views)
Looks like a memory type of a general protection fault.  In other words, there seems to be a conflict in what program has ownership of that memory.  What do your VIs contain?  Call library function nodes (DLLs)?  Could you post the VIs?

Trey B | Applications Engineering | NIC
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,889 Views)