From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview does not wait for TDS 1012B trigger before acquiring data

I have written a VI which, at its core, is very similar to the example "TDS 1000 Triggered Acquisition" VI. It initializes the scope, configures the channel, timebase and trigger and then runs the Read VI. The data from that is plotted in an XY Graph. However, when I run the program, it does not wait for the scope to trigger - it just records and plots whatever is currently on the scope (from the previous acquisition) and then stops the scope.

In fact, when I run the example "Triggered Acquisition" VI, it does the same thing.

How can I get it to wait for the scope to trigger before acquiring the data?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,724 Views)

@dmerthe wrote:

I have written a VI which, at its core, is very similar to the example "TDS 1000 Triggered Acquisition" VI. It initializes the scope, configures the channel, timebase and trigger and then runs the Read VI. The data from that is plotted in an XY Graph. However, when I run the program, it does not wait for the scope to trigger - it just records and plots whatever is currently on the scope (from the previous acquisition) and then stops the scope.

In fact, when I run the example "Triggered Acquisition" VI, it does the same thing.

How can I get it to wait for the scope to trigger before acquiring the data?

Apparently you're not telling to to trigger on a sweep, and you should probably go tell it to.  Seriously.  Okay, well semi-seriously.  😉

Can't really say more without actually looking at the code.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,707 Views)

Thanks for the response. I'm using the high level Tektronix VIs and they don't really give many options for the trigger setup. I would appreciate any advice.

Here's the code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,590 Views)

Timing is everything.  Of course when I read this, I no longer have access to a computer with LabVIEW on it.  😕

I'm fairly certain that Tektronix would not leave such a basic function out of their drivers.  Maybe you overlooked it?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,570 Views)