LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview does not run when I copy files from somewhere else

Hi Labview users,

I am trying to make modifications to a Labview file that came with a device that I am using for my research. The manufacturer included a sample Labview file that runs the device when I purchased the device. I copied the Labview file to a folder on the desktop of my computer and made modifications to the file. When I click "Run" on my file (the file I modified) I get an error message stating that Labview cannot connect to the device because the serial number is not connected but the device is connected to the computer via USB. I go back to click on the original file the manufacturer made and Labview runs fine. I do not know what is causing this. The device is interfaced to Labview using a dll driver. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem which has been driving me crazy?

Thanks everyone.

-Sicelo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,000 Views)

What generates the error "cannot connect to the device because the serial number is not connected"? Are these the exact words of the error message?

Does the original VI run right after copying it to the desktop or does it only break after you made modifications? Can it find the dll?

Can you attach the original and the modified VI?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,991 Views)

Please continue your messages in the original thread where you are already receiving help instead of creating new ones.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/VI-does-not-sense-signal-from-instrument/m-p/1677704#M597376

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,984 Views)