LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview detect when PC is controlled by remote desktop

Hi,

I am running a very demanding (image processing) Labview executable on a weak PC ( it is powered by a PV panel).

When I am trying to access the PC using remote desktop the load is too heavy on the CPU and it is very difficult to do anything on it.

Is there a way to let Labview know that a remote session is active so I can pause the processing for a few minutes . Then when I will log off the program should go back doing what it is supposed to do.

Thanks

Amos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,044 Views)

Hi amose,

There isn't a built in LabVIEW function to detect if a remote login has occurred.  However, you could monitor the connections to a computer as part of the image processing program that ran the "netstat" command through the command line by using the System Exec.v.i From this, yoou could parse through that output to see if a specific connections which would indicate a remote logon is established, and if this connection is established, then you could go to a case structure that waited for the remote connection to stop.

This obviously isn't a particularly straight forward thing to do, and you would need to determine which connection indicated that a remote connection has been established, but in theory this should work for pausing the processing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,022 Views)