From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview crash while exe build

Hello All

When i try to build application i found this error.

Please find the crash report in attachment

parmar483_0-1607535058068.png

Please give me solution ASAP. I am stuck in project delivery.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,462 Views)

In the debug log you posted there's a ton of messages about the report generation toolkit having bad VIs in it.  Any chance you might have had an update to the Office software on your PC since the last successful build?  That might have made them stop working and could be to blame for a crash.

Also, any chance you have the Viewpoint TSVN Toolkit installed on your PC?  It seems to break builds using LV 2014.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Building-Installer-Crashes-Developement-System-LV2014SP1/td-p/31336...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,437 Views)

How can i resolve this ?any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,431 Views)

@parmar483 wrote:

Hello All

When i try to build application i found this error.

Please find the crash report in attachment

Please give me solution ASAP. I am stuck in project delivery.

I can't give you solution.   I can provide some things to try.

• Clean the Build. Just right-click the build spec and choose Clean Build.   With 2014 this sometimes works out. 
  • Clear the object cashe and resave the project.  Again, with 2014 ..... wonderful things 'might' happen.
  • "Floss" your project!  How nasty are the dependencies? You haven't shown even a screenshot of the lvproj file.  Again, you are using old software  without any patches...why ?  
  • Apply the 2014 f2 patches...  or at least read the release notes!

Post something more useful than a error message screenshot.   How big is the project?  What is in it?  Where did it originate? What SCC provider/how many developers?  

Blind surgeons rarely a first choice. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,429 Views)

@Kyle97330 wrote:

In the debug log you posted there's a ton of messages about the report generation toolkit having bad VIs in it.  Any chance you might have had an update to the Office software on your PC since the last successful build?  That might have made them stop working and could be to blame for a crash.

Also, any chance you have the Viewpoint TSVN Toolkit installed on your PC?  It seems to break builds using LV 2014.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Building-Installer-Crashes-Developement-System-LV2014SP1/td-p/31336...

Actually the TSVN TK is a great clue .

As is the information about the Report Generation TK.  LabVIEW 2014 did not automatically install the Report Generation TK (unless you bought the developer suite)  since the OP has not used the SSP to apply patches I am assuming that the RG TK may be missing.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,423 Views)