LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview connectivity toolkit 64 bit

Hi,

is there a download or patch available for running the LV connectivity toolkit for 64 bit version?

I have seen some posts that says that it is working if you just copies files over from 32bit to 64bit folders?

I can see my database icons and they are not broken but I got the following error when trying to run the code:

"ADO Error: 0x800A0E7A Exception occured in ADODB.Connection: Provider cannot be found"

If I try to Create Data Link LabViewit hangs (have to stop it throug task manager).

Message 1 of 7
(4,885 Views)

You would have to have a 64bit ADODB driver as well. I haven't yet played with LabVIEW 64 so I can't help much but I can tell you that there are 64bit .net drivers for connecting to your databases. I find the .net wrapper (System.Data) to be much easier and more flexible to work with than the LabVIEW database toolkit.

Charles Chickering
Architecture is art with rules.

...and the rules are more like guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,880 Views)

So that means that LabView 64bit version do support the database coneectivity toolkit? I tried to download a 64bit ADODB (hard to find) but my windows did not let me install it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,856 Views)

If you have an active service subscription, I'd call NI and ask them directly. I'm 99% certain that you can get what you need with .net. Depending on your database, you may not need drivers outside of the ones that ship with windows. If you need help, let me know what database you are running and I'll try to provide some example code for you.

Charles Chickering

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,853 Views)

I have already made all database vi's for the 32bit system so I prefer not to start over again.

I made a work around creating what I needed from my 64bit code into an executable so now I am back running on the 32bit version so I can talk to the database.

I've seen this discussion going on for several years now, I think it should be good if NI made a 64bit version since the computers today seems to run more and more on 64bit.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,839 Views)

Finally found an official list, here's the short answer:

National Instruments Add-ons and Toolkits Windows 7 32-bit Windows 7 64-bit
(Using 32-bit Software)
Windows 7 64-bit
(Using 64-bit Software)
NI LabVIEW Database Connectivity Toolkit  2009 2009 Not supported

and here's the link from which I pulled the information.

Charles Chickering

Message 6 of 7
(4,834 Views)
Actually it does work on 64 bit LabVIEW but the only 64 bit drivers I know of are the native SQL Server drivers that get installed when installing SQL Server 2008 R2 or newer.
Due to a decision by MS one sees all User DSN's made with either a 64 bit driver or a 32 bit driver but you can't use a DSN that is configured to use a driver which is not the same bitness as the current process. System DSN's Are distint between 32 and 64 bit.
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 7 of 7
(4,796 Views)