LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview code pointers for TDOA of frequency using NI-USB-6211 and L-shaped 3-microphone array

I have a project going on and am new to LabVIEW.  We have completed the set up of the microphones in a L-shaped array, a piezo buzzer along with band pass filters on each microphone for the specific frequency of the piezo.  Now comes the hard part for our group considering we are all mostly into hardware and the only software I like to use/learn is LabVIEW.  We have the math and stuff all worked out for TDOA but are having problems getting started on how to implement it into LabVIEW.  I was just looking for ideas on how to use the frequencies and make sure I am doing it the right (most accurate) way possible.  My first idea would be to create case structures and for whichever mic receives a signal first create a time-stamp (which will be the reference mic) then measure differences between that and the other two mics.  Thanks in advance for feedback!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,404 Views)

Hi Pens405,

Your application will depend heavily on whether or not you want software timing.  What's the overall picture of your application?  What kind of frequencies are you talking about?

Edit: Just noticed your title, please disregard my hardware question.

Thanks,

Bobby Breyer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,374 Views)

The frequency of the piezo buzzer is about 4.5KHz and as far as timing goes, I'm not sure which would be the best method.  I think it would be the time-stamp for each and comparing with the math to come up with the TDOA.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,362 Views)

If you can acquire the frequency, then I would say that's a good place to start.  In regards to a time stamp, if you're comfortable with millisecond accuracy then that should be fine.  All of this is heavily dependent on how deterministic you want to be with your application.  

Regards,

Bobby Breyer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,347 Views)