LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview can't connect to cRIO-9022

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie with Labview. So I am using this program which is developed by a previous student (who has long graduated and left) when one day, our lab got into a water incident and the laptop was damaged. I managed to recover the program as it was saved in a folder in the hard disk but this is only the program, and I'm thinking all the dependencies are not saved there. I've installed Labview on another laptop now and tried to run the program. I am using a cRIO-9022 but I cannot connect to the controller (picture attached). The IP address is correct, however it says 'features not available'. Is this due to the dependencies? Is it possible to specify the path of the .ctl files (as listed in the dependencies list) in my new laptop?

In addition to that, when I looked at the cRIO, one of the lights next to the Ethernet cable is orange while the other is yellow (picture attached). What does the orange light indicate?

I am aware it is going to be quite challenging to do this without the original files, but is it possible to do? I would really like it if I don't have to make a new program as I am not really familiar with Labview.

If anyone can give some advice on how to proceed, I would be most thankful.

Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,435 Views)

missirina,

You need to have installed the RT module of LabVIEW (not just base LabVIEW) along with the appropriate drivers.  You may also need the FPGA module.

-DR2

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,421 Views)

@missirina wrote:

In addition to that, when I looked at the cRIO, one of the lights next to the Ethernet cable is orange while the other is yellow (picture attached). What does the orange light indicate?

I see green and orange.  The green light means its connected, and if flashing that there is activity.  The orange light means you are connected at 100 megabit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,401 Views)