From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview bluetooth VISA problem

Hi

I've had a read of other similar posts but I seem to be doing what is required to use Labview to communicate with a bluetooth device but still having problems, any ideas appreciated.

I have installed Blue Soleil and I can see virtual com ports 6,7& 8, 6&7 are set up for incomming and 8 for outgoing, i can communicate using hyperterminal no problem, i'm able to send and recieve data with the bluetooth module.

When I use the basic serial read/write VI (Labview 11.0.1) I get a I/0 comms error (attached). I've tried connecting with the BT module using Labview but the status indicator on the BT module doesnt change from idle to connected, if I connect first using Blue Soleil so status LED goes solid (connected) then connect with Labview VI, it breaks the Blue Soleil connection and LED goes back to blinking, so its like the VI is trying to connect but fails for some reason.

I've used the measurement and automation explorer to confirm Labview com settings match windows com settings, but when I use the VISA test panel I get 'unable to perform connection because of i/o error'.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,497 Views)

I've just found if I switch the write function off on the VI interface I can read data fine, so the issue seems to be writing to the device only

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,495 Views)

Dear Icecoldies,

Are you still having trouble with this issue?

Kind Regards,

Robert Ward
Applications Engineer, NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,421 Views)

Hi 

sorry for delayed reply, yes I reposted with different information at link below.

thanks for asking

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Labview-Serial-loopback-test-with-RN-41-BT-module-not-working/m-p/23...

cheers

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,396 Views)