LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview and arduino mega 2560

Hello everyone!
I am doing a simple task with arduino and labview... 

1. Arduino computes something and sent the result to labview by serial port.

2. From labview, I turn on and turn off a relay, using digital pin on arduino.

I already can do this with a Arduino Uno, but when I try to do exactly the same with a Arduino Mega 2560, it doesn't work.

I am runnign exactly the same code on the arduinos, I just check the serial ports and that's all. But, I think it was all.

Do I have to set a configuration on Labview to use a Arduino Mega?
Am I missing something??

I will attach the arduino code and labview file.

Thank you very much 🙂  

navarro08_0-1611635910695.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,572 Views)

It seems that labview is set by default to use with arduino uno! So I installed the VI package "Labview interface for arduino".  So, I tryied a simple digital lecture with the following program on labview and I got this error.   (I am using labview 2020).

navarro08_1-1611638202838.png

navarro08_0-1611638131808.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,551 Views)

How can I use labview and an Arduino mega with VISA??

I want to write some code in the arduino and send data by serial port to labview. I understand that I can't do this if i am using a toolkit as LINX or LIFA. What can I implement?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,524 Views)

@navarro08 wrote:

How can I use labview and an Arduino mega with VISA??

I want to write some code in the arduino and send data by serial port to labview. I understand that I can't do this if i am using a toolkit as LINX or LIFA. What can I implement?

Assuming you already know how to do the Arduino code and have it behave as a serial device...

Check out the serial communication examples that ship with LabVIEW. Also be sure to checkout crossrulz presentation from VIWeek 2020.

The answer to your last question is: whatever you can imagine within the limits of the Arduino hardware. If you are using VISA instead of a prebuilt toolkit you will have to define your own communication scheme. How it works and what it can do will be up to you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,492 Views)

I'm running into the same problem.  I can control an Arduino Uno no problem using Visa, but I'm trying to control a Arduino Mega and no Luck!

If I pull up the Serial Monitor in Arduino Program, I can write commands perfectly.

Did you ever find a solution for the Arduino Mega and Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(330 Views)