LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview and Ligthfiled software integration for spectrometer control

Hello,

We have a Princeton spectrometer and CCD that we need to communicate with in order to obtain spectral data. The provided Lightfield software can be interfaced with LabVIEW, and we have successfully achieved this integration. However, the spectrum we obtain is in pixel units (We are using the event driven example code from Princeton instruments, I have attached the code with minor modifications). We have addressed this by obtaining calibration curves to convert pixel values to wavelengths.

Currently, our LabVIEW program is structured using an event structure, with multiple events incorporated. The final event is triggered when we press 'acquire', and only then are we able to visualize the spectrum. However, we now require real-time visualization of the spectrum in wavelength units. We are uncertain about how to utilize event structures or loops in this scenario. Our main challenge is reorganizing the program to achieve real-time spectrum visualization.

If anyone has experience with this particular issue or can provide any guidance on resolving it, we would greatly appreciate your input.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(706 Views)

The easiest way would be to make this Acquire event a timeout event and specify a timeout time in mSec.

ZYOng_1-1684442489894.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(685 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I tried your suggestion. But the Lightfield software is not responding once we run the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(639 Views)

Hi,

I have resolved the problem by incorporating an additional while loop that contains the 'get calibration curve VI.' As a result, I can now observe the spectrum in real-time. Moving forward, I have developed a separate program for performing spectral background correction. This correction involves FFT correction and some mathematical operations, without requiring any instrument communication. My objective is to integrate this code into the spectrometer program, so that after acquiring the spectrum, we can apply the background correction using the dedicated program. This correction does not need to be performed in real-time. Could you please provide some guidance on how to accomplish this in LabVIEW?.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(621 Views)

Hi, could you please tell the details of how you were able to calibrate the wavelength? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(537 Views)
Hello
could you give us more details on how you managed to solve the problem?

thank you
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(345 Views)