LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview accessibility issues

Does anybody have any experience using JAWS or other screen reader software with LabVIEW?  I need to find out how easy it would be for someone with low vision to use LabVIEW.  Color schemes, wiring diagrams, and tool palette designs appear to be difficult to use for a student with poor vision.

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,461 Views)

I have two jobs: one where I use LabVIEW and another where we make programs work with JAWS and I'm 99% sure JAWS would not work with LabVIEW.  I can't imagine how wires could be connected from one function to another unless there's away to select an input on one function, select an output on another functio and then tell LabIEW to connect them.  In addition to that, the resulting block diagram would probably end up being unreadable by a sighted person.

If you need something for a low vision user, try a screen magnifier like MAGic.  It is available as a demo that will run for 40 minutes after each computer reboot and you can get it from www.freedomscientific.com.  ZoomText is another screen magnifier that you might want to try.  Windows has a screen magnifier too.

Albert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,456 Views)

I really think a text-based programming language would be better.  Plenty of low-vision and blind programmers are successful using text-based languages and National Instruments offers plenty of different options.

Albert

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,442 Views)