LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Simultaneous Analog/Digital Output/Input "The Specified Resource is Reserved" Problem

I'm pretty new to Labview and am having trouble coding up a program to have simultaneous analog/digital inputs/outputs.  I basically have three blocks of code that I am hoping to have work in unison: 1) a block to control and modulate 3 lasers, 2) a block to read in the voltages from a PSD (position sensitive detector) for the lasers, and 3) a block to control two stepper motors for a related purpose.  Currently each block of code works by themselves, but when I try to combine the blocks into a single VI, I get "The specified resource is reserved" error.  I keep trying to play around with the code to try to get the codes to work at the same time, but so far with no success.  Again, I'm very new to Labview so any help or advice would be much appreciated.  I will attach a VI that has each block of code in it.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,623 Views)

There are some rather strange things going on in your code.

There are many example of how to synchronize analog inputs and digital outputs etc etc.

Help > Find Examples... > Search: simultaneous

Start with one of those and add your code to it.

"Multi-Function-Synch Dig Read Write With Counter.vi" looks like it might set you off in the right direction.

It's hard to work out exactly what you're trying to do from the code.

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,549 Views)