LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Palletes off screen using 3 screens

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running labview using three screens, If I have a front panel or diagram on any of the extending screens the pallets can appear off screen or such that the selections are not available. This is getting annoying, I have to move the panel to the first screen then I can get the pallets to appear fully. 

 

Is there a way of fixing this? 

 

I cannot show this as the pallets disappear if I attempt to screenshot,

 

I am currently using LV2018 32bit

 

Jessica

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(964 Views)

If, for instance, you have a VI on the rightmost monitor, and you open the functions palette towards the right side of the VI, if it detects the edge of the monitor, LabVIEW should shift the palette towards the center of the screen so that it is fully visible.  If yours doesn't do that, I suspect you have a problem with the layout of your monitors.  If you are using an NVIDIA video card, you can open the NVIDIA control panel, click on "Set up multiple displays" and verify that the layout of your monitors within the driver matches the actual layout on your desktop. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(963 Views)

The problem is height rather than width, it disappears off the bottom of the screen. I have seemed to have found a workaround. By pinning a palette and putting it on the first screen, wherever I click now a new palette appears within range. Could it be because my screens are not all the same size?

 

Screen 1 1920 x 1080 (laptop)

Screen 2 1680x 1050

Screen 3 1920 x 1080

 

Jessica

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(947 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jessica_kh

I think I recognise this, and it happens to me when my monitors aren't all at the same magnification setting.  For example, if one is at 125% while another is at 100%.

Message 4 of 10
(946 Views)

Even when a VI spans across two monitors, I cannot make it so that the palettes are partially visible on both monitors.  So Labview is smart in this regard and shouldn't show a partial palette.  NVIDIA has a setting called merged display.  I don't know exactly what that does but I have an idea.  Not sure how it might affect Labview though.  So if you have this enabled, maybe you could try turning that off....assuming you have NVIDIA card. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(940 Views)

That's interesting, yes one screen is set to 125% (recommended), changed it to 100% like the others and will check

 

Jessica 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(938 Views)

@jessica_kh wrote:

I am running labview using three screens, If I have a front panel or diagram on any of the extending screens the pallets can appear off screen or such that the selections are not available. This is getting annoying, I have to move the panel to the first screen then I can get the pallets to appear fully. 

 

Can you explain how you are calling up the palettes.

 

  1. If the palettes are always visible, or you use the "View... xxx palette" from the menu, they will appear in the last used location.
  2. If you typically hide the palettes (i.e. unpinned like most of us!!!), they will appear near where you right-click on the front panel or diagram.

 

I can see problems for case (1). If your problem occurs in case (2) that would be more troublesome. Can you clarify please.

 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(908 Views)

I use unpinned Pallets clicking near to where I wish to put the new item, on on the item where I wish to create references, variables etc. The pallets are always near where I click on the first screen, but cane be a long way away on the others including if I am using the middle screen it can appear in the middle and down on the third screen.

 

My time run out yesterday and did not have the opportunity to see if setting all screens to the same scale helped. So far this morning this seemed to cure the problem.

 

I mentioned that the laptop screen was set to its recommended setting of 125% whereas the monitor screens were at their recommended setting of 100% I am now using 100% for all screens

Jessica

 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(876 Views)

@drjdpowell wrote:

I think I recognise this, and it happens to me when my monitors aren't all at the same magnification setting.  For example, if one is at 125% while another is at 100%.


That was going to be my suggestion too.  Isn't it weird that LabVIEW still doesn't handle this properly?  With increasing monitor sizes, and resolutions, more and more often we need to have the OS zoom everything in a bit, but LabVIEW just doesn't handle it properly.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(855 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@drjdpowell wrote:

I think I recognise this, and it happens to me when my monitors aren't all at the same magnification setting.  For example, if one is at 125% while another is at 100%.


That was going to be my suggestion too.  Isn't it weird that LabVIEW still doesn't handle this properly?  With increasing monitor sizes, and resolutions, more and more often we need to have the OS zoom everything in a bit, but LabVIEW just doesn't handle it properly.


I think NXG was supposed to help with that.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(851 Views)