From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview PDA WM5.0 Input Icon Issue

Hi Everyone:

I am new to the PDA module (PocketPC version) and I have a question.  I am trying to construct a Vi where the whole front panel is a series of buttons ... needless to say that space is at a premium.  My problem is this ... when I make a Vi and run it on the PDA (running Windows Mobile 5.0) I can see the "Input Icon" (that little keyboard, or whatever icon at the bottom right in the middle of the screen) that is a part of the Operating System through the Labview front panel.  This seriously cuts down on my available space.  Is there any way to have that disappear?  I know that it is not there on some of the applications that come with the Handheld (IPAQ hx2490) so I'm assuming that there must be a way to have it disappear .... any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Greycat
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,221 Views)

I don't know of any way to do this in LV. You could try setting the panel size to fill the screen (Window size page of the VI properties), but I doubt that will help.

You will probably need to make some calls to the OS API using eVC or eVB (which come with the PDA module). Then, you can compile this into a DLL and call it from LV. All that assuming you know anything about C or VB. To find out the specific functions, I would suggest google or the MSDN.

(3,214 Views)
Hey tst ... I have found the commands (OS API) and I know a thing or two about VB and C  .... you mentioned that eVB and eVC are included with the PDA module .... where exactly would I find them?  I've looked and cannot find them

Greycat
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,156 Views)
It has been some time since I've done this, but I'm pretty sure that you have to install at least one of them when installing the PDA module, so that will mean that they should presumably already be in your start menu. If not, I'm also pretty sure that eVC is freely available from Microsoft's site.

(3,152 Views)
Ah yes ... eVC is a required install but not eVB .. I was looking for eVB but I guess eVC will do .. this is not a "required" development yet so it will probably not be done any time soon  ... also I have not done any windows api programming so there will be quite a learning curve .... eventually - I'll figure it out.  Thanks for the reply tst ... later

Greycat
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,150 Views)