cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview PCIe-6320 change frequency after certain amount of pulses

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am attempting to swap frequencies after a certain amount of pulses. I am able to swap frequencies on this output, however it is not consistent in time because the frequency swapping is happening in a loop. Is there some sort of custom trigger or internal routing or something like this so I can swap frequencies after an exact amount of pulses on the same channel.

I attached my VI so far. I was just modifying a sample VI I found.

Thank you for the input.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,046 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author brb23

You're in luck.  The 6320 is an X-series board and that means it supports buffered pulse train output!

It appears that you intend to change freq every 100 pulses.  All you need to do is create a buffer of pulse specs that has 100 pulses at 5000 Hz and 100 at 500 Hz.  A continuous sampling task will default to regenerating those pulses indefinitely.   I've attached a minimal mod to your code to illustrate.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 2
(1,004 Views)