cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview NXG 1.0: Hardware missing from hardware tab

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I have a problem getting my hardware recognized when using Labview NXG.
To be clear, i've tried a bunch of things to make it realize it is well plugged, but nothing has yet worked.

The devices i'm using are present in MAX:MAX.png
And i'm able to detect the captor and visualize the output from the MAX test pannel, however i cannot reproduce it using Labview NXG:

NXG.png

Here i only get the computer and the NI PCIe-8361 which is not used in my case...

At this point i guess this error is related to the DAQmx driver not working properly with Labview NXG, however i can't install any updates / driver with the NIPM, i always get this error : Server has closed the connexion prematurely:

update_error.png

I've also tried to install DAQmx from direct download, but it does not look like to have changed anything (I've seen a thread talking about a Labview NXG DAQmx related driver but I can't find anything looking like that online)

If you need any additionnal translation from the screenshot, just ask for it and i'll translate it in english 🙂

Other things i've already tried at this point:

- Full uninstall, re-install (from the USB key packed with the hardware)

Thank you for your help and excuse me for any English errors, it's getting late here and i'm getting really upset about these problems 😄

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,678 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,628 Views)

It appears to be the source of the problem i agree, however the download error i get from the NIPM is reproductible whenever i try to donwload the Labview NXG 2.0 from it...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,624 Views)

wrote:

It appears to be the source of the problem i agree, however the download error i get from the NIPM is reproductible whenever i try to donwload the Labview NXG 2.0 from it...

I'm not sure if it's even properly released. Sorry about that. It's available to me, but that might be because I'm registered for Future Technology Preview or something. You might need to register for a beta to be able to download it. I'm really not sure. If it's available in PM, I'd say it should work.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,618 Views)

The labview NXG 2.0 is available through NIPM, and at this point i'm a bit scared to register for the beta 2.1 when the 2.0 which is supposed to be stable already gave me a few headaches !

I went ahead and did a quick retry with the installation, since i've wiped out the previous install yesterday, but the same problem seem to occur:

Installation with every packet added (by default everything is opt to be downloaded anyway):

NXG_v2.pngNXG_v2_error.png

Whenever I decide to opt out all of the additionnal packet, the error screen does not change, exact same bytes remaining to read error..

At this point it's possible that the previous install of the DAQmx 17.5 is causing some sort of error but i'm running out of patience to try to wipe the installation another time, as it is quite time consuming.

I hope that it can help anyone from the dev team to pinpoint where the error is coming from...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,610 Views)

I did not use PM to install NXG 2.0. IIRC, I downloaded it somewhere and installed it. So that might work better for you. It might as well give the exact same problem. But I can't seem to find the page where I downloaded it.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,592 Views)

Well i can't find it anywhere either... If you ever get the link back let me know, i'll try to get it aswell, if i ever find it somewhere i'll be sure to put it here and close the post !

Because as far as i know, downloading version 1.0 from PM also failed, and i was lucky to have a USB key sent from NI with labview 2017 and NXG (v1.0) install file on it (and it worked fine with this key so i've got high hopes a direct link download would eventually work)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,590 Views)

I'm pretty sure I got there through the future technologies preview. The beta link was broken, and reverted back to the 2.0 release. But I might confuse 2.0, 2.1, beta, etc..

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,584 Views)

After a quick call with the support services, it appears that the problem i'm currently getting has no possible fix from the support team either, so i'll be stuck waiting until they understand and fix the issue (at least they were able to tell me i wasn't the only one stuck with the problem).

Until then i'll be using Labview instead, as i can at least do what i want using it for the time being!

Thanks for the help, and i'll be sure to push a quick update if i get any news from the support team !

PS: I've tried multiple computer with no success either so it does not seem's to be a PC related issue

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,551 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Feloi

Final update:

After contacting the support, and doing some quick check-up the support finally sent a direct download (bypassing the NIPM), the installation went fine.

It appears that on any machine i were using, taking the download step from NIPM always lead to an error, and i could only install the software using a usb hub or a direct installation file (ie not needing to download directly from NIPM)

Not sure why or by what this issue was caused, but at least it's fixed right now and i can see the hardware using NXG 😉

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,486 Views)