LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Instrument: how to set some parameters back to default after restarting the simulation (in Multisim)?

Hi everyone,

I wrote a Labview Instrument VI that I use later in my simulation in Multisim. The problem is, after stopping the simulation and restarting it again, some important parameters of the VI are not initialized again and therefore all my calculations in the Labview Instrument file are messed up.

Is there any option to set the params back to their default values after the simulation has been restarted?

Has that something to do with Serialize/Deserialize Data in the VI?

Thanks in advance!

Ussr123

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,465 Views)

Hi,

I am not sure but maybe this link provides the information you are looking for:

How Do I Change Default Values In A LabVIEW Executable?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/86256F0E001DA9FE86256CE8006FED7A

If not can you give us some additional information. Do you run the code as executable? Are this parameters set via numeric controls on the front panel?

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,437 Views)

Hi,

I am saving it in a .dll and then I use that dll to be able to connect the Labview Instrument to my Multisim circuit.

I set these parameters by numeric controls.

Could the solution work also for .dll -s?

Thanks,

Ussr123

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,433 Views)

Have you set the desired parameters as default in the numeric controls? You can do this if you enter the desired value, then "right-click..data operations...make current value default". Save the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,430 Views)

Hi,

Yes, I did that. It doesn't help...

Ussr123

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,408 Views)

ussr123 wrote:

The problem is, after stopping the simulation and restarting it again, some important parameters of the VI are not initialized again and therefore all my calculations in the Labview Instrument file are messed up.

Is there any option to set the params back to their default values after the simulation has been restarted?

Where is the data held inside the LabVIEW code (local variables, uninitialized shift registers, etc.)?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,405 Views)

Mostly in initialized shift registeres. When I run the simulation again, I would like that my shift registers to be initialized again with the same values...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,397 Views)