From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Instaler now requiring "Z+ Virtual Control"

Hello,

I am attempting to re-create an instaler for a project that i have been working on, and managed to do so a month ago. Since then, i worked on another unrelated project, during the course of which i had to instal drivers for a TDK Z+ power supply. This instalation included an utility executable VI named Z+ Virtual Control.

I am now working again on the first project, and i now cannot create the instaler, due to Labview requiring the "Z+ Virtual Control" as part of the source.

This project hold no dependency to the instr.lib/ZPlus/ folder, "Z+ Virtual Control" Isn't included in the source files of either the excutable or the instaler, and i didn't make any significant changes to the project.

I am at a loss to find why this is now required as part of my instalers.

I am using Labview 2014, the instaler include NI LabVIEW Runtime 2014 SP1 f3 ; NI-488.2 Runtime 14.0, and NI-VISA Runtime 14.0.1

Attempting to build a dummy project including only NI LabVIEW Runtime 2014 SP1 f3 seems to pass. Adding NI-488.2 Runtime 14.0 makes labview ask for "Z+ Virtual Control" again.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,630 Views)

Did you tried Reinstalling of drivers for a TDK Z+ power supply again?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,626 Views)

Hi Rfoxtrot,

Thank you for posting on the NI Forum.

I would like to ask you more information about your issue :

1. What do you mean by not being able to create an installer ? Can you describe the procedure ? When is the blocking point ?
  2. Do you have any error code ? If so, can you upload a screenshot of it ?
  3. Do you have more information about the "VI named Z+ Virtual Control".
  4. Can you upload the project you for which you want to create an installer ?
  5. Did you try to create an installer of the wanted application before installing the "utility executable VI named Z+ Virtual Control" ?

Looking forward for your answer.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,567 Views)