LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview - HELP: Data Acquisition for continuous analog signal

Hi,
I am a new user of Labview.
I am trying to acquire a continuous analog voltage signal using DAQ. I basically want to acquire a voltage signal, process it and display it. For the processing part I am using Mathscript, wherein I have a set of condition statement (if else etc).
The problem occurs when I wire it up. It says that the data I am acquiring through the DAQ (source) is a dynamic signal and the sink (mathscript input) is a double precision 64-bit. I realize this, but how do I solve this problem? Is there a way to convert the continuous signal to double precision? I tried sampling the analog signal, but I still get the same error. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
-Addy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,624 Views)
Are you using an express VI to acquire the signal?

In the pallette "Express->Signal manipulation" you can find the function "From DDT", which can be used to convert to an array.

I had a hard time finding out how to do this, since I have never used Express VI's.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,613 Views)
Hi..thanks for your reply. Yes, I am using express VI's
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,611 Views)

Hi Addy,
Thanks for posting!  The Dynamic Data Type is used by many of the express VIs.  The Dynamic Data Type allows a single data wire to handle scalar data, single channel data and multichannel data.  As André mentioned, if your input requires a double precision 64-bit data type, you need to use the Convert From Dynamic Data function shown here.

After placing the function on your block diagram, you will be prompted to select the data type to convert to.  If you are acquiring from one channel and would like to see all data points, choose 1D array of scalars.  For more information about this function, refer to the LabVIEW Help on Convert From Dynamic Data.

Message Edited by RT4CY on 05-20-2008 01:20 PM
Rod T.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,586 Views)
Hi, thanks a lot...this works..
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,568 Views)