From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Full Developement System 8.2 on Windows 7

Hi there,

I have a question about the compatibility of Labview Full Developement System 8.2 and Windows 7.

Is it possible to run this system without problems on a PC that is using Windows 7?

I am also using the Labview DSC module (version 8.2.1).

I'm just wondering if I will get problems when I am going to run programs that I made, in Windows 7.

Or is there a new version of Labview that is compatible with Windows 7?

If so, is it possible to use older versions of Labview in this new version (bij transfering the files).

I hope to hear soon from some of you.

Regards,

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,573 Views)

LabVIEW 2009 is the first LabVIEW version officially compatible with Windows 7 (see also)

QuoteStarting with 6.0.2, LabVIEW should run on newer, unlisted versions of Windows without error messages, but these are not officially supported.

(However, I was able to run LabVIEW 8.2 just fine under windows 7 64 bit. I don't know if there are potential DSC issues. Another option is the windows XP compatibility mode virtual PC available for some version of Windows 7).

LabVIEW 2009 and 2010 are fully compatible with Windows 7. You should be able to open your LabVIEW 8.2 files fin in any newer version. For details, have a look at the LabVIEW version compatibility matrix.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,567 Views)