LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Freezing while looking for devices

Hi All,

I am having a particular issue with labview 8.0. It seems that when the program tries to look for devices connected to the machine it will sometimes lock up the entire computer and needed to be rebooted. 

The devices connected are the Keithley 2000, 6221 and LakeShore 211.

For example, in my VI there is the ability to select the GPIB device that is recognized by labview. However, sometimes upon clicking this drop down menu the entire computer will freeze.

I am currently in the process of scanning the computers hard drive for bad sectors.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar or knows of a solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Nathan Cernetic

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,233 Views)

It is not LabVIEW- its an equipment mfg and they're pseudo specification 488.1 (there is no IEEE 488.1).   Scan for instruments sends an *IFC(interface clear) followed by addessed *IDN?(Identity queries) from address 1-30.  Not all devices respond well to these REQUIRED comands (Required by IEEE 488, IEEE 488.2 And IEEE 488.HS).  Another possibility is that you have more than 1 non-compliant intsrument at the same address (like both Keithleys 😉  )

The fastest way to find the offending equipment is to hook them up 1 at a time and "find" them from MAX.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,229 Views)