From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview FPGA : Xilinx out of memory (Portability:3)

Hi All,

I am trying to compile and run a piece of logic in th FPGA on a NI7852 Card.  I am using Labview 2012 SP1 with Xilinx 13.4 under Windows 7. When I try to do this the xilinx tool complains about running out of memory (takes up 4GB and quits. error Portability:3) This is on a 64bit machine with 16GB ram. It is a small design with an estimated pre-synthesis usage of 10% resources. I am using a custom HDL code  in VHDL. Simulating this design with Labview controls attached as well as alone in a seprate testbench works well. 

I have installed Xilink 14.7 on the same machine now. However I am not sure how to set up the Labview FPGA server/client to use this tool chain. I have also tried to use the generated encrypted intermidiate files to import the design into ISE 14.7. However,  it fails to read modules there and hence cannot start a compilation.

I have attached the encrypted files generated by Labview with this message. I would be grateful if someone could tell me about how to solve this problem. 

(With the labview-Xilinkx toolchain i was able to compile and run a counter module(written in VHDL) on FPGA)

Regards

Jude

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,075 Views)