LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview FPGA: Unable to output sine wave to oscilloscope through analog output

Hi guys, would appreciate your help with my problem. Have been wrecking my head over this problem.

I am currently using a PXI 7852R Multifunction Rio connected to a SCB 68 (connector block) and am unable to output a sinewave I have programmed using Labview FPGA module. As I am an undergraduate and am new in this field, please forgive my ineptness toward this subject.

I have looked through the forums previously and tried implementing certain stuff suggested, converting the output of the "sine wave generator" to a fixed point integer and then to the Analog output (AO 0) of my connector block. And finally using a oscilloscope to measure the analog output (voltage). However, for the past week, I am unable to observe anything through my oscilloscope. I am sure my oscilloscope is working properly as I have troubleshooted it using test signals.

I have also tried troubleshooting the past week by connecting AO1 to AI0 to also test the functionality of my Analog output. But I am still unable to detect anything significant or correct.

Would appreciate you guy's input. Many thanks in advance from Singapore!

I have attached my LABVIEW FPGA codes and other relevant pictures for your viewing. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,498 Views)

Why do you convert the signal to 16,4 format before writing tot he AO node?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,464 Views)

Hi Intaris,

I have removed the FXP conversion and now my code works, I am able to output the sine wave as desired. I thought that the FXP conversion was necessary as I observed the others do the same. However they used a compact Rio and an AO attachment while mine is a multifunction rio with a connector block. Perhaps that was the difference..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,456 Views)

Thank you so much for your feedback, Intaris!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,454 Views)

You should look at the datatype of the output node.  If it is I16 (which it seems to be) then it expects numbers in the range of -16384 to +16383. Changing this data to a number between -16 to +16 will of course not yield the same result.

Maybe you should have a look at some of the basic turorials on how to program LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,452 Views)